Running Containers in Google Cloud
This is a one-day training course. Select the desired start date at the top right of the screen for practical information regarding the training (location, price, registration, etc.).
This course concentrates on building and deploying software containers on Google Cloud using products built directly into the cloud platform only. Each solution or strategy is covered in detail, including the pros and cons of each approach. While the main focus of this course will be container deployment, we will touch upon a couple of sidetrack topics, such as secret management, application performance monitoring and scaling mechanisms.
Who should attend this training
- Developers who are eager to optimize their development workflow
- Sysadmins who want to deploy containers to the cloud in an efficient way
By the end of the training, students will understand the following:
- Learn how to build (efficient!) software containers.
- Get to know the pros and cons of using GCP as a platform for container hosting.
- Learn how to optimize your application in terms of scalability and cost.
- Learn how to create a basic CI/CD pipeline.
- Learn how to integrate other GCP tools to further optimize the developer experience.
- Experience in development or sysadmin, we fill the gaps.
- Basic knowledge of GIT
1. What is a software container, and how to build one
- Software Containers
- Container Registries
- Cloud Build
2. GCP inside-out: get to know the products
- Compute Engine
- Cloud Run
- Cloud Functions
3. Hands-on: build and deploy a serverless container on Cloud Run
4. Architecting a complex cloud application with containers
- Microservices architecture
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Dealing with a set of services
5. Hands-on: Deploying a microservices based application on Google Kubernetes Engine