Power BI Fundamentals
This is a two-day training course. Select the desired start date at the top right of the screen for practical information regarding the training (location, price, registration, etc.).
With this course you will get ‘the full picture’ of everything which is related to Power BI. After an introduction to the tool and its self-service framework, you will start hands-on visualizing data according to a use case. You will use storytelling techniques to unveil powerful insights and next to that, you will learn how to transform and connect data to various data sources. We will guide you taking your first steps in DAX and M code. This course combines theory, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises that will prepare you for your own data journey.
Who should attend this training
This course is intended for anyone who wants to step away from Excel and start building reports in Power BI.
At the end of this course you are able to build a Power BI report with confidence, and know all the ins-and outs of the Power BI tool with regards to structure, best practices and cool data storytelling techniques.
We recommend that attendees of this course have a first experience with working with data, but this is not mandatory.
- Basic fundamentals of BI
- Fully understand Power BI’s components
- Know the difference between various concepts like calculated columns, calculated measures, row context, filter context
- Visualize data from multiple sources and change the visual to your needs
- Use custom tooltips to enrich your data story
- Publish reports to be shared with others
- Connect to data sources (Excel, txt, …)
- Detect data types and perform data profiling in the Power Query editor
- Create data models and relationships
- Learn best practices when creating visuals, importing data, or checking performance