Introduction to Quantum Computing
This is a half-day training course. Select the desired start date at the top right of the screen for practical information regarding the training (location, price, registration, etc.).
Quantum Computers will probably become one of the most important technologies of the next decade, yet very few people seem to understand what they will do, or why normal computers suddenly need replacement. In this course, we will introduce you to the weird and wonderful world of Quantum and teach you everything you need to know about where and when quantum computers might be used in your business.
Who should attend this training
Business leaders who want to learn how, where and when quantum computers might be used in their business, or IT professionals looking for a basic introduction to Quantum Computing.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand the following:
- Basic and intermediary terminology surrounding Quantum Computing
- How quantum mechanics and quantum computing are related
- Why classical computers are not enough for some problems
- Why quantum computers will not replace classical computers and what they will be used for
- The current state of QC technology, and projections for when Quantum Computers will become viable for practical purposes
- There are no prerequisites to this course.
- You don’t need to bring a specific device to the course; the PowerPoint presentation will be provided to you digitally.
- What is computing?
- Intro to quantum mechanics
- Problem complexity
- Introducing the qubit
- Quantum computing in practice today
- The (near) future of quantum computing
- Case Studies: QC in Chemistry, Logistics and Security