Data Modeling for Qlik Sense
This is a two-day training course. Select the desired start date at the top right of the screen for practical information regarding the training (location, price, registration, etc.).
Data Modeling for Qlik Sense is a technical course for you to learn to develop a coherent data model in Qlik Sense by loading and transforming multiple data sources. With information, tools, techniques, and exercises, this course includes topics dealing with: maintaining data connections, transforming source data, architecting data models, optimizing for performance, and application development on Qlik Sense Enterprise.
Who should attend this training
This course is intended for more technical people , typical from IT departments or technical business users.
At the end of this course you are able to:
- Create a data model in Qlik Sense
- Use the Data Load Editor and the Data Manager
- Create and maintain data connections
- Resolve data structure issues and script errors
- Transform data for better performance
- Discuss synthetic keys and circular references
- Add dimensions and measures to the master library
- Add visualizations to test your datamodel with Qlik Sense
We recommend that attendees of this course have a basic knowledge of SQL and VB or Java script.
- Connection to Database: ODBC, OLEDB, Excel, XML, include files
- Importing data to Qlik Sense using Data Manager (visual preparation of a data model)
- First steps of importing data and creating a Qlik Data model via the Script Editor
- Joining, Applymap, Resident, Concatenation etc techniques
- Optimizing Data model
- QVD files
- QVD in practice aka ‘the big exercise
- Linktable, date island, Interval match, Aggregation